Skip to main content

August 2019


So if you follow the work I do, than you are aware I was working on a Pokemon/H.P. Lovecraft styled homage called The Contaminos. As my efforts stalled and my back was playing up I found myself unable to focus on this topic anymore and eventually I found myself working on other games to try and stretch my brain a bit in order to return. This ended up driving me to feel more fulfilled with more flexibility to make two new Twine based games and a new release called “The Werewolf Ninja.” At first what was initially an experiment to see if I could run a browser based game, I find myself excited at the prospect of doing more with this project.
I may return to the roots of the Contaminos, which was initially thought of as a “open world dodge and dash” but in the meantime, I'm having fun as I try and recover my spine a bit. I will post more as I come along with updates to the game.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links

............................................................................................................................................... Download My Games  Music Instagram  Twitter Facebook

The weird zen of getting killed in Dead Cells (or how failure should be a circle)

With winter now approaching down under I've found myself adjusting a bit more to bunker life and able to get a bit more balance with my design work. In saying that I've had a little bit more time to play more games, watch new films  and glean new insight and inspiration which I'm going to want to start talking about more.  So l'm going to write about Dead Cells. Sometimes seen as Hollow Knight's other cousin, Dead Cells is also a metroidvania hack and slash platformer.  It would be unfair to compare both art styles as each aesthetic is drastically different to the other but Hollow Knight is an almost like looking at a classical painting of greek mythology with  tolkeinesque ethrealism while Dead Cells is a beautiful sega megadrive mess of pixilated insanity.  What sets them at odds apart however is how Dead Cells has set up it's Game Over in which there isn't one.  Yes your mortal shell does shuffle off everytime you are slain but you